Supply Chain Manager APPLY NOW
This position, reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, will create and maintain the company’s sales forecast to align with changing sales trends, sales targets, and operational initiatives. In this role, you will support Product Development Lead in managing item launches including writing purchase orders, sending samples, facilitating quotes/pricing, and other support as needed. This role will be the primary negotiator with suppliers and manufacturers to keep costs down while offering suggestions internally/externally to help improve processes, efficiencies, and lead times.
- Initiating and managing all future finished good buys based on historical data.
- Logistics management- international freight forwarders and local freight.
- Coordinates merchandise flow through the various channels of the Supply Chain.
- Maintain primary relationship with cosmetic fill manufacturers including correspondence, coordination, and planning.
- Manage data related to inventory management.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, maintains Build of Materials (BOM) and is responsible for mitigating costs associated with obsolete inventory/materials.
- Maintaining weekly inventory reports including Stock Status, Open PO, and Stock outs - Watch List.
- Stock of all sellable inventories and for minimizing stock outs to maximize sales and balance inventory to reduce overstocks.
- Finished Goods COGS management.
- Provide key information for decision making.
- Provide key data and feedback to develop Sales Forecasts in coordination with Sales and Marketing.
- Record of and maintain gross margins on products/assortment.
- Make recommendations for SKU Rationalization and product offering gaps.
- Assist with company Ad Hoc reporting as needed, as it relates to primary areas of responsibility.
- General management of Operations department communications.
- 5 years relevant experience required. Cosmetic Industry Experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certifications in supply chain management a plus.
- Specialized experience in Excel required (V-lookups/Pivot Tables/Filter/Sort) Forecasting experience.
- Retail math experience required; must understand financial concepts such as profit/loss/gross margin.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to present data concisely.
- Ability to work and navigate in retailers’ portals and pull data required for supply chain and sales analysis.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE IN CHICAGO, IL. APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE CHICAGOLAND AREA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.|||Chicago|||Operations||||||zN05EqzS1O8q0Oiz|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||
APPLICATION FORM * Required